If you or someone you know has heart disease, call us today! We have multiple cardiovascular research studies enrolling now.
No cost, and no health insurance is required to participate.
Ask your doctor or contact our clinic for more information.
For more information call:
Or sign up below!
- What causes a heart attack?
What causes a heart attack?
A heart attack (myocardial infarction) means that blood flow to the heart muscle has been decreased enough to cause damage to the heart muscle. Some causes of blocked blood flow include blood clots, cholesterol build up, and rupture of plaque within the blood vessel. For those who have already suffered a heart attack, it is important to reduce the risk of recurrent attacks. Research has shown that there are several steps that can be taken to help reduce the risk of recurrent heart attacks.
Proven things you can do to prevent heart attacks
- Lower cholesterol
- Lower triglycerides
- Lower blood pressure
- Stop smoking and avoid secondhand smoke
- Eat fish
- Increase physical activity as allowed by your doctor. Inactive people have nearly twice the risk of heart disease as those who are active.
- Talk with your doctor about medicines that can decrease blood clotting
Medications that can reduce risk of heart attack
- Cholesterol lowering medication, which include statins and non-statins
- Triglyceride lowering medications
- Medications that decrease inflammation
Participating in a research study can help keep you motivated on your journey to better health. If you are interested in participating in any of our research studies, call your local office today!
Heart Disease research is enrolling at:
Jacksonville Center for Clinical Research
4085 University Blvd., South
Jacksonville, FL 32216
St. Johns Center for Clinical Research
100 Whetstone Place,
Suites 300 – 301,
St. Augustine, FL 32086
Nature Coast Clinical Research
6122 West Corporate Oaks Drive
Crystal River, FL 34429
If you want us to contact you about our research studies call (904) 730-0166 or sign up below!
- Crystal River, Jacksonville (University Blvd.), St. Augustine